Thursday, July 15, 2010

What I Learned Today

Today I learned that if I were by some stroke of sheer idiocy stuck in my freshly painted sunroom with the windows being my only avenue of escape, I would be a goner. See, one of the things I love about older houses are that you can paint the windows! One of the things that I hate about older houses? Painting windows... They look so lovely and crisp freshly painted, and then you have to open them.





















I also learned that I love Frog Tape. The sunroom is floor to ceiling wainscoting and I can guarantee that I would not have achieved the same result if I used regular blue painters tape. Do you remember when all that we used to use was masking tape? And then the invention of the blue painters tape? And now Frog Tape. What will they think of next?! One of the many things that I love about Frog Tape is that it's the same price (!!!) as good old blue tape at my local Lowe's, or at least I think it is. Well, ignorance is bliss.

After:





















It's not complete, but is a much needed improvement from the caution tape yellow. The hubs picked the color out and I'm really hoping that on dreary New England days when I curl up in a chair in this room that it won't feel so much like the summer will never come back.  If it weren't for the sheer gaudiness of "Living in Palm Springs," I might make this into the Palm Springs themed-room because that would scream Boca Raton! 


***Forgive the iPhone pictures! After almost blowing a gasket opening the windows I decided I was just too tired to use my digital.



No comments:

Post a Comment