Thursday, September 30, 2010

Droolworthy

Somehow it just seems like I can't help it: I have to post about my house. I just stumbled across these photos on Erin ever After and I'm in heaven. My only full bath can be described, at best, as gross. After we do the scraping and painting that is the first floor my bathroom is #1 priority. We're taking a sledgehammer to the thing and breaking some ceramic. Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself but that is what I really want to do.


This I love. 
 I have been brainstorming ways to turn the bathroom into an all out shower room- tiles on the ceiling and floors with drainage in the floor- but it just seems a little bit cumbersome and too modern for this old colonial. Not to mention not cheap and our current bathroom is smaller than well, lets just say its small and the space is tight. 


The other consideration is that, as much as I am daily falling in love with our house as we make it ever more ours, we both know that its probably a 5 year (max 10 year) home so we need to have a bathtub for resale. I'm not much digging on the large concrete and wood slabs but the glass enclosure with two shower heads and a clawfoot tub thrown in is awesome. 

On another note, my globe lights arrive today and I'm like a kid on Christmas Eve. 


No comments:

Post a Comment